Happy Monday everyone! We’ve been getting a range of questions from you guys lately and we thought we’d answer a few of them in this blog post. You can always comment on one of our posts with any questions you may have or send us an email through our website. We love helping out in any way that we can so please keep your questions coming! If you have more specific design related questions, such as finding the perfect lamp for your living room or you need help finding decorative bed pillows, be sure to check out our Ask K&K services. Below are a few of our favorite questions that you've been asking that we thought we’d share. We hope everyone has a good week!
XO, Kris & Kate
WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE WHITE AND GRAY PAINT COLORS TO USE?
We definitely love our grays and whites! These colors are two of the most popular neutral paint colors. If you're looking for a neutral wall color, you just can't go wrong with white. This color brightens and freshens up any space! Gray tones can range from airy and soft to dark and moody. We love to use lighter gray colors whenever we can as an alternative to white walls. This can help to add a little bit more depth to a space. Choosing the perfect paint color can be a challenging task. Below we share a few of our favorite white and gray paint colors. Hopefully this helps you when choosing the perfect color for your space!
WHAT ARE YOUR CURRENT FAVORITE DESIGN TRENDS?
Our two favorite design trends right now definitely have to be incorporating natural wood into your home and the use of dark green in interiors. We've been seeing so many great spaces using natural elements to help bring in more warmth and texture. There are so many ways to bring natural wood into your home, whether it's through furniture, kitchen cabinetry or your floor/ceiling finishes. We are also so excited to be seeing dark green used more and more in interiors spaces! Using this jewel-toned color is the perfect way to make a statement and add sophistication to a space. When these two trends are paired together you have a beautiful outcome!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR E-DESIGN SERVICES:
1) What makes E-Design different from typical full service interior design services? E-Design offers interior design services completely online! This service provides a comprehensive design concept for any room, including images, a floor plan, furniture selections, samples of suggested materials and finishes, and an overall shopping list. With E-Design you pay a one-time fee instead of the typical hourly fees charged for full service interior design. The beauty of E-Design, unlike full interior design services, is you can implement the design on your own schedule and at your own pace!
2) What if a product in my K-Space package is backordered or no longer available? Online product availability can be unpredictable. If you find that a product we specified for you is no longer available or on backorder please let us know. We’d be more than happy to find another product for you that will work with your space.
3) How long will it take to get my K-Space? You will receive your K-Space presentation package via email in approximately (2-4) weeks from our receipt of all needed items (questionnaire, payment, room sizes, photos, etc.). Once you approve the presentation package we will send you your shopping list within (1) week.
4) Will you make changes to my design package if I don’t like something that you’re proposing? If you are not completely happy with your K-Space, you may send us your thoughts and we will provide one round of revisions at no charge.
5) How are you able to design our space without seeing it in person or us meeting you personally? With all of the advances in technology, it has become possible for interior designers to work with their clients completely online! In order for us to fully understand your space, budget, and the look you want to achieve, we ask that you complete a client questionnaire, provide a rough sketch of the room measurements and photos of your space. We love to see any inspirational images that you’ve found online as well. The more information you send us, the better we get to know you and your personal style!
To see how a real E-Design works, be sure to check out this blog post.